Spy of OrangeBack to Feature films
- DirectorTim Oliehoek
- ProducerFu Works, Idtv Film
- Visual effects supervisorDennis Kleyn
- 3D technical directorBastiaan Hooimeijer
- CompositingDennis Kleyn
Albert van Vuure
- Vfx producerViolette Kleyn
- 3D modelling, animationBastiaan Hooimijer
- 3D producerMartin Venema
- Miniature Dam PalaceH. C. Smulders
- ReleaseFebruari 2009, The Netherlands
- Running time90 minutes
- FormatShot on 35mm film, post 2K
- D.O.P.Rolf Dekens NSC
- EditorPeter Alderliesten NCE
- FacilityGalaxy Studio's (BE)
- GradingFloor Bos
The action comedy 'Spy of Orange (‘Spion van Oranje’) by director Tim Oliehoek tells the story of Bruno, the terrorist twin brother of the ungainly couturier François van Vliet (a double role for Paul de Leeuw). Bruno devises plans to destroy the Netherlands and François is the only one who can stop him.
Planet X worked on almost 500 shots in a timeframe of seven months to realise the breathtaking adventures of François and Bruno believable.
The showpiece of Planet X’s visual effects in ‘Spion van Oranje’ is the scene in which the Royal Palace in Amsterdam is blown up. A realistic-looking computer model of the monument was created for this. This scene, which lasts less than 20 seconds, is the result of months of research and post-production.
Title sequence Spy of Orange